The Department of Telecommunications covers the subject of analysis and synthesis of telecommunication systems and devices, of telecommunications’ networks, satellite and mobile communications, electromagnetic field, electromagnetic compatibility, antennas, microwave, remote sensing, broadcasting systems, signal processing, biomedical technology, optics and acoustics.
- Electromagnetic Field Theory, Computational Techniques in Electromagnetics (FEM, FDTD, Integral Equation Methods), Inverse Problems, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Antenna Analysis and Design, Metamaterials, Electromagnetic Field Measurements, Acoustic Wave Propagation.
- Wireless Communications, Wireless Internet Techniques, Routing of Messages and Quality of Service Test (QoS) for Multimedia Services, Multicarrier Propagation in Wired and Wireless Systems, Routing in Ad–Hoc Networks, Design and Evaluation of GEO/MEO/LEO Satellite Systems, Satellite Networks Routing Techniques, Smart Sensor Networks, Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) Systems, Relaying Networks, Digital Transceivers.
- Radars, Radiometers, Ionospheric Propagation, Scattering, Spectrum Monitoring, RF Communications, Design of Passive and Active Components for Microwave and Millimeter Applications, Measurements of Microwave and Millimetric Circuits and Antennas.
- Optical Communications, Optical Wireless Communications, Nanophotonics, Plasmonics, Photonic Integrated Circuits in Silicon, Optical Fibers, Micro-Structured Optical Fibers, Liquid Crystals Photonics, Diffractive Optical Elements, Optical Holography.
- EEG, ECG Signal Analysis, Breath Sounds Analysis, Action Potentials Modeling and Analysis, Medical Image Processing and Analysis, MRI Imaging Techniques, Solid State Mechanics Signal Processing, Geological Signal Analysis, Voice Signal Processing.
- Room Acoustics, Acoustical Measurements, Acoustic Noise, Pychoacoustics, Digital Acoustic Processing and Reproduction of TV signals, Acoustical and Video Transmission, Hi Definition TV.
Campus of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Faculty of Engineering, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of Telecommunications, Building D, Floor 6, 54124, Thessaloniki, Greece.